Laser Spine Institute Tampa Logo Questions? Call toll free 1-866-381-8452 Contact us today. We're here for you seven days a week.
Menu

An overview of back pain causes and their potential treatments from Laser Spine Institute’s Tampa medical team

Back pain is one of the most common ailments that plague the adult population. In fact, nearly 80 percent of all American adults will experience back pain at some point in their lives. Of those 80 percent, 90 percent will find relief within the first three months of onset through conservative treatments such as swimming, physical therapy, massage or chiropractic care. However, for the remaining 10 percent these treatments will fail to offer significant relief. These patients are forced to live with a greatly reduced quality of life, as they suffer through the pain and symptoms associated with the most common spinal conditions. At Laser Spine Institute we understand the devastating impact pain can have on your daily life. The most common pain and symptoms generally include:

  • Trouble finding comfort with sleeping
  • Inability to walk or stand for long periods of time
  • Pain in the seated position
  • Pain in legs or arms
  • Pain in an isolated area of the neck or back
  • Weakness
  • Numbness in hands or feet
  • Tingling in extremities
  • Burning sensations

These symptoms can often be caused by a variety of conditions, which are treated through Laser Spine Institute’s minimally invasive procedures at our Tampa canter.

Conditions Laser Spine Institute Sees that Cause Common Back Pain

When some of the most common conditions cause elements of the spine to move out of their general locality, causing compress nerves or the spinal cord, patients will experience chronic or severe pain and symptoms. These conditions include:

  • Sciatica
  • Scoliosis
  • Facet disease
  • Bulging discs
  • Annular tears
  • Herniated discs
  • Spinal stenosis
  • Foraminal stenosis
  • Bone spurs
  • Arthritis of the spine
  • Ruptured discs
  • Degenerative disc disease
  • Spondylolisthesis

At Laser Spine Institute we understand that experiencing symptoms associated with these conditions can be devastating to a patient’s overall quality of life, which is why we are committed to offering the best treatment options available.

Types of Treatment Available for Back Pain

Our first recommendation for patients experiencing a new onset of chronic pain or symptoms is to look into conservative treatment options. These treatments can include activities such as stretching, low-impact exercise, massage therapy and water aerobics. If after exhausting these options patients are still in pain, surgery may become a viable solution.

Laser Spine Institute offers minimally invasive procedures as an effective alternative to traditional open neck or back surgery. Performed through a small incision, our procedures require no hospital stay, a shorter recovery time^ and a higher level of patient satisfaction than traditional procedures. For more information regarding the procedures offered at our Tampa center, contact Laser Spine Institute today.